@__styleaddict

Sunday 21 February 2016

My Boyfriend Dressed Me For A Week!

Hey lovelies! 

I did something a little different this week, I let my boyfriend dress me, FOR THE WHOLE ENTIRE WEEK. I had no control over any of my fashion choices. Believe me, this was just as difficult for him as it was for me! I gave a small brief for each day but tbh it was mostly just uni and work or working on uni stuff. Nothing too exciting, unfortunately. 

Also a little side note ... I am very very very ill this week, I came down with a horrible ear infection so I am not 100% on point :( 



Monday 

Brief - Focus groups for my dissertation, four-hour shift at work and watching The Walking Dead. 

Grant picked my favourite Eiffel Tower print shirt from Mango, a quilted H&M black 'leather' skirt, plain black tights and my 'creepers' (they are old but oh so good). 




I feel like he did very good with this outfit! It is a very typical 'me' outfit...apart from the shoes. I just felt they were a little too chunky for the outfit. 

Grant: "The Eiffel Tower shirt and skirt combination looks professional for the focus groups and everybody comments on it when we're out together."



Tuesday 

Brief - Lecture in uni at 9 and also felt very ill too! 

Grant picked a white quilted top from Topshop, blue Topshop Jamie Jeans (which he actually knew the name of), Stan Smiths and grey Topshop coat! 

Also, my glasses are real and they are from Cheap Monday via Specsavers. 


This outfit was perfect for the day, I was so glad it was something super comfy and not too high maintenance...also perfect for napping in after uni! He also reminded me how much I love this top, it was one of those that was cramped at the back of the drawer and completely forgotten about. 

Grant: "Danielle hit the nail on the head- this outfit LOOKS SUPER COMFY! And that's just what she needs when she's feeling total rubbish. Even though all she wants to do is to put her Pug PJ's on and curl up under the duvet she forced herself into uni. I love her for that 'no B.S.' attitude."



Wednesday 

I did spend most of the day in the house, until going to the cinema to watch Deadpool (which is amazing btw) so I didn't manage to get a full outfit pic which I am mega annoyed about! But with the picture I got you get the gist of the outfit anyway. 


I think this is my favorite outfit of them all (which makes me ever more pissed about the lack of good picture). The jumper and jeans are both from H&M and the belt (which was a Valentines day present from Grant, boy did good). I feel like the belt just gives the outfit a whole new look because if you have followed the @__styleaddict Instagram for a little while you would have seen this outfit before but only with a black belt, but the brown one works so much better. 

Grant: "I transported Danielle back to the 70's with the emphasised gold belt buckle on a brown suede belt and massive gold hoop earrings (not in the picture). Match that with a mustard knit-jumper and classic Mom jeans and this outfit suits her so well. In a sort-of way the colours bring out her blonde-brown hair and she looks just goooorgeous!"



Thursday 

Brief - Focus groups and lectures at uni, a quick lunch date and a four-hour shift in work. 
10 Style Addict points if anyone can guess where this mirror pic was taken! 


This is also another outfit that has been featured on Instagram previously! I do love it, though. It's my Yeezus top from Urban Outfitters, button up red suede skirt from H&M, black tights, Chelsea boots from Boohoo and denim jacket (which is Grants!) from Topman. The only thing about this outfit is that it was FREEZING that day so I think if I had a choice I would have chosen something a little warmer, although these outfits were all picked in advance on Sunday (what a romantic Valentines activity) so I'm sure he would have picked something different to match the weather a little better. 

Grant: "After a few days in jumpers and jeans, I thought a skirt and T-shirt would have added some variety to Danielle's week. Maybe this outfit came a bit premature in the year as the weather was cold, wet and miserable... Still, the girl looks good in my denim jacket (I'm not up for sharing it anymore though!)."



Friday 

Brief - A day in the house doing dissertation shit and a quick trip to the bank. Woohoo! Exciting adult things. 



The top is from H&M and the jeans are my black ripped Jamie's from Topshop again! They are for sure my favourite style of Topshop jeans atm. I also really like the big cross earrings, I really don't wear these enough. And well done Grant on adding the high-heeled boots for a bit of height to counter balance on the very long top! Fashion Maths! 

Grant: "I wasn't sure about this outfit to begin with, given Danielle's week of dizzyness. But I defend my choice - the boots were a great choice for this outfit. The top's extra length doesn't make a difference if you add a bit of height underneath (do I sound like a fashion blogger yet?). Black ripped jeans and statement cross earrings make Danielle look like my rock-chick!"



Saturday

Brief - Slimming class in the morning, food shopping for our camping trip next week, then spending some time with the fam at night. 

 

I really love this little COS dress but I always felt it was a little boxy and made me look bigger than I actually was. So well done Grant for putting a belt with it to bring it in at the waist and show of my figure a little better. Again I'm wearing the black and gold River Island boots and black tights. Not going to lie, I was doing some uni stuff at home and did change into leggings and a baggy jumper...sometimes fashion is just too much! I needed some chill time. 

Grant: "A shirt/dress with a thin belt made Danielle look on point. She doesn't give herself enough credit - her figure is AMAZING. I hope any insecurities she has about wearing this dress have disappeared, because this was my favourite outfit and would look perfect on one of our date nights."



Sunday

Brief - Working in the morning and shopping in B&Q! Exciting I know right! 



I absolutely love these Topshop dungarees! I never ever thought to pair it with this bottle green Pull & Bear jumper but I think it works really well. It also kept me mega warm walking to the bus because I usually only wear a thin t-shirt with these. Excuse the fuzzy mess my hair has become in that picture I swear it didn't look like that when I left the house this morning, rain ruins everything! 

Grant: "Simple and trendy. That's all I can really say about this outfit. The dungarees can be worn with one strap up or two, but with the jumper it looked better with both. Danielle looks cosy and comfortable in this."



I just want to say thanks to my amazing boyfriend for taking the time out to pick all the outfits for me, and tbh it wasn't actually as difficult I thought. It was kind of nice having my outfits planned out for the week too, it gave me a good 15 minutes extra in bed every morning and stopped me from staying up until the wee hours of the morning planning what I was going to wear...yes I do that. Anyway, I hope yous all enjoyed this wee blog it is a little different from what I usually write about but I have seen a lot of other bloggers do it and I thought it would be fun!

Lots of Love 

- Danielle 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment