@__styleaddict

Friday 26 February 2016

Not So Glamorous Glamping..

Hello, Lovely people!

I am actually getting pretty good at this blogging thing again! I'm sure that this is about the third or fourth week in a row now *pats self of back*.

Well, today's blog is slightly different than anything I have ever written before. To be honest I am only writing it so I don't have to tell this story over and over again when people ask how 'glamping' was.

So, myself and my boyfriend Grant (who is actually becoming a regular feature on my blog...do not know how I feel about that) decided to go 'Glamping' which is glamorous camping for people not in the know. I found this really great deal on Itison a couple of months ago and thought that it would be a great idea for a few nights away from the dissertation stress. We booked two nights in a dome within Loch Tay Highland Lodges campsite. 


(Here is a screenshot of how excited I was about the trip...if only I knew)

We got to the site at about 3:30 and it was GORGEOUS, the views were outstanding and we couldn't believe how peaceful the place was, although it was a little cold. 




And after walking around for a little bit we got the keys to our own little dome for two night. 



Stepping into the dome for the first time was perfect it looked exactly like the pictures (minus a few details), but it was gorgeous. We (I'm saying we but I really mean Grant) then got the fire going and we chilled out on the massive beanbags watching the loch, with what I can only describe as a major throwback playlist. 







After a few hours of chilling out and having a good ol' gab with each other we decided to go and get ready for dinner. As it is technically 'low season' in places like this the outside restaurant was actually closed so we had to go a little further afield for food, which was fine as we had done our research in advanced anyway and decided to go to the Kenmore Hotel which was only about 20 minutes in the car. OMG, the food was amazing, the restaurant was beautiful, the staff were excellent and the place just had that perfect little Scottish highland feel to it. Which is exactly what you want when you visit places like this. 





As you can possibly tell the diet was 100% forgotten about for a couple of days. I cannot recommend this place enough to everyone, it was seriously perfect. 

Funnily enough, it was all downhill from then on. We got back from dinner and decided to put the fire on, have a few glasses of champers and play some boardgames (apparently that's what people with no phones or laptops or Netflix do?). We began to realise VERY quickly just how cold it was getting. Even with the fire roaring the dome just wouldn't heat up, even though I had FIVE layers on and about 7 pairs of socks my feet were still ice cubes. Remind me again why we thought to camp in February in Scotland was a good idea? 




Sleeping in that dome was the WORST THING I HAVE EVER DONE (using the word 'sleeping' loosely). It got so cold during the night that inside the tent was frozen, actually frozen!! I could have cried but tbh my tears would have just turned into ice, I didn't realise that we signed up to sleep in an igloo overnight!!! 



The next day we made the conscious decision to pack up our things and get out of there super fast. There was no way I would have enjoyed sleeping in there another night, I didn't particularly feel like putting myself through that torture again, I don't think my body could have handled it. Although it was freezing cold and I could have cried at 3 am when I had to double check that my nose hadn't fallen off, I'm actually glad that we did it. I had seen these domes online for a while and we did actually get them for a really good deal, it's just unfortunate the weather sucked! I do seriously think that it would be amazing in the summer when it is just a little warmer. I don't want this to be a negative blog, I'm not complaining about the place at all I just thought I should write about this because it would be a funny thing to look back on. Although I do plan on writing a couple more lifestyle-type blogs just to mix it up from the usual fashion related posts. 

So if anyone asks "How was camping?" I will just be directing you straight to this post! 

Lots of Love

- Danielle 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment